+ WHAT ARE YOUR FEES?
- Full day wedding packages start at $3500.00
Engagements or proposals start at $550.00
Bar/Bat/B’nai Mitzvahs start at $1500.00
Elopements (couple only) start at $1500.00
Travel costs are included within the Calgary / Banff / Canmore area. Babs and her team also work often in the USA, Europe and Australia, so it's possible to get HONEY to cover your wedding without crazy travel fees. Bring your favourite photographer with you!
+ DO YOU DO BOTH PHOTO AND VIDEO?
- Babs, the lead photographer also offers video services. In order to have both photo + video together, you need a small team to capture both types of footage and to work together on the deliverables. We have amazing photographers and videographers on call.
+ DO YOU EDIT EVERY PHOTO?
- YES we do. Every image is cropped, color corrected, and retouched gently. We can clean up small pimples, stray hairs, and unsightly relatives (just kidding). If you require extensive editing, or composite imagery, let's talk.
+ HOW MANY IMAGES DO WE RECEIVE?
- For full day coverage, we provide approximately 500 images. If we cover day before or day after events, the number increases. We also offer a 25-image engagement shoot as part of every package.
+ CAN WE HAVE THE RAW IMAGES / FOOTAGE?
- No, sadly, the RAW images we take are like digital negatives. Half of the art happens in the image selection and the developing process, just like the good old days in the darkroom.
+ WILL YOU TRAVEL FOR OUR WEDDING?
- YES - we specialize in unique and destination weddings. We travel worldwide for events. We also love planning travel if you need any help!
+ SHOULD WE HIRE A RESORT PHOTOGRAPHER?
- There are lots of great photographers out there, and there are also a lot of not-so-great photographers that work for big companies without necessarily having a personal investment in each job. When you hire a photographer that works for the venue, there's likely some quality control, however you don't know who you are going to get, and they won't know who you really are and what will work best for you. You will have a total stranger in your face all day on your biggest life event. It may cost a bit more to pay a crew to travel with you, but the value is in having trusted professionals that KNOW what you want and need. Consultation time, planning support and peace of mind are included when you bring your own photographer.
+ DO YOU HAVE A DRONE?
- Two of our team members have the latest drones with 4K video and HD photo capability. Limitations apply in urban areas and in different countries based on their licensing requirements. Drone footage (if possible at your venue) is included with each shoot.
+ CAN MY FAMILY MEMBERS PHOTOGRAPH THE WEDDING?
- We recommend an "unplugged" ceremony. Nothing worse than your official photographer missing the shot because all the aunties are in the aisle getting iPad photos of the kiss. We are happy to help communicate and coordinate photo opportunities with your guests. As a general rule, HONEY must be the only contracted photographer and videographer during the event.
+ HOW DO WE PAY AND CONFIRM OUR DATE?
- After we speak or meet in person, we will provide a pricing package and any bespoke package items you have requested. Once you choose your options, we provide a contract and secure payment link. We also take Paypal or bank transfers. We take a 50% booking retainer to secure your spot.
+ THAT'S A GREAT CAMERA, WHAT IS IT?
- We shoot with top-of-the-line 5Div, 1DX, and Canon EOS-R equipment for both photo and video. But having a good oven doesn't make a great dinner - it's all about the chef!
+ CAN WE PRINT OUR OWN IMAGES?
- Yes, you get HD files in a secure gallery, and a print release. However in order to ensure quality, we recommend ordering your prints and albums through us directly.
+ ARE YOU TOO LEGIT TO QUIT?
- Yessir, we are a registered tax-paying business, incorporated in Alberta Canada. We can provide proof of our business license and insurance for your venue as needed. All staff are bondable and reliable. We also have work permits for the USA and the EU.
+ WHAT IF WE DON'T WANT THE ENGAGEMENT SHOOT?
- We offer a complimentary engagement shoot with each full day booking, with no cash value. It's a chance for us to work together in a fun, non-pressured environment and to help you get used to posing and connecting in front of a big camera. If you live at a distance, or, if you would rather not do an engagement shoot, we can do a one-hour day before or day after session, or, add 25 additional edits to your wedding package.
+ I'M NOT PHOTOGENIC... HOW WILL YOU MAKE ME LOOK GOOD?
- We have a theory about this. If you think you look bad in photos, you always will, because people tense up and pull faces when confronted with a big camera. We want to coach you and help you relax and show your loveliest essence in your photos. Let us try, we might just help you to dispel that myth!
+ DOGS OR CATS?
- Babs is a Cat Person but her fur baby is a purebred Whippet named Betty. So - both. 🐝
+ WHY THE HECK WOULD I HIRE YOU? THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS OUT THERE.
- Above all, we are artists and professionals. We've been working as photographers for a long time, and we have a system that works well to capture important moments.
- We have a diverse team of artists that are talented, genuine and dedicated, and we love awesome people.
- We REALLY CARE. Really. We are not just vendors or staff. True connection with you and your family is important to us.
- Babs and her team have a long history in event management and coordination. We are your support system from planning through to the big day.
- We are not just owners of great cameras - we are constantly evolving, learning and challenging ourselves to know the latest technology and to create timeless, technically perfect images.
- THIS IS IT - we want to document your day. We want to make it enjoyable, and easy for you. And we are responsible for making all the memories last.